2 posts tagged Personal
July in Instagrams
Phew! The month is almost over and thank god because I feel like I’ve literally been all over the place with the move from Jersey City to New York. Posting has been light this week because there’s been a lot of changes going on in life so bear with me as I adjust! For those of you who follow me @oh_anthonio on Instagram you might’ve already seen a glimpse of what I’ve been up to.
Here’s a brief recap: Left to Right, Top to Bottom
- Got the keys to my new East Village Apartment hollaa!!
- I won the Details Style Network’s first contest with my Last Minute Father’s Day Gift Guide here: http://bit.ly/11AJgwJ
- I said goodbye to my spacious Jersey City home and HELLO! to my “cozy” NYC studio
- Ikea became my “third home” for the past 2 weeks as I went shopping to put my new place together. But I still made time to go to some fun events like the Tortoise & Blonde Pop Up at Urban Outfitters where I tried my hand a tarot card reading with Claire
- And because I gotta pay the bills somehow, my 9-5 was spent balancing site visits in Brooklyn with previews and showroom appoints in the garment district. Pictured is the Lucky Brand showroom where I got a personal denim consultation with the designers!
- I’ve learned to become pretty handy with tools but I can still werk a manimal print when it comes down to business (duh)!
Follow @oh_anthonio on Instagram for more
An Open Letter To My Readers
WIWT - My Heart On My Sleeve
It’s about to get a little personal on Closet Freaks today so be forewarned. To some of you this may come as a surprise, but to others who might have been more attentive, this is the explanation of something you’ve probably already guessed.
Over two years ago I met a boy and fell in love. The kind of love that feels right and will last forever. We were happy and excited and so deeply in love that we moved in together, shared our closet, and not long after decided to share our love and life together on this blog. We’ve accomplished more than we thought possible and made some amazing memories along the way but as with all relationships even we had our ups and downs. Somewhere along our path, we came to a point where we were faced with a tough decision - continue on together, or go our separate ways. In the end we each needed to find our own happiness - even if being happy meant being apart.
For anyone that’s been through a breakup, we all know it’s not easy. It’s even more complicated when your relationship has been shared with an audience. And that’s our own fault, because putting our love on the internet might’ve been foolish and premature, but we can’t take it back, and I don’t know that I would.
You see over the past year and a half of this blog, I’ve learned a lot and really began to develop a wonderful sense of community with you, my readers. It’s this feeling of closeness that makes me feel comfortable getting a little personal right now. So with this open letter I’m writing to you to keep it real. Dustin and I are no longer together but you know what, it’s going to be okay. And despite the difficulty of the situation, I’m going to stay positive and borrow this quote: "Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
With this in mind, I’m looking forward to “better things” in the future. You’ll be seeing changes on here because life (internet and IRL life) goes on no matter how hard it may seem. Moving forward, the blog will continue as a solo endeavor, but for now I’ll be taking a brief hiatus to reflect and regroup. And dammit just to have some me time. Meanwhile, the ask box and email are always open. Let’s reconnect and start fresh! Let me know what you’d like to see on Closet Freaks moving forward! Let me know about your relationships, breakups, makeups! Send me your style questions! Let this be the start of a new dialogue between me and my readers. And let it start with a big THANK YOU. THANK YOU to everyone reading this for your support and your kindness. Thank you! Thank you! 100 times thank you for following the blog up until now and I graciously hope you will continue to support Closet Freaks as it starts a new chapter! Hugs, kisses, x’s, and o’s!
With much love,